Dashboard interface description
The indicators on dashboard pages are displayed in tiles arranged on a grid of rows and columns.
Each tile contains a visual representation of one or more performance or availability indicators.
- The color of an indicator reflects its state: neutral, positive or negative.
- The default size of a tile is one space on the grid. Tiles can be sized to occupy multiple spaces and moved anywhere on the grid.
- A dashboard can have any number of rows. Only 4 rows are displayed at a time. You have to scroll to view additional rows.
- Dashboards are limited to 6 columns.
- Dashboards resize to accommodate browser geometry but are designed for use on computer monitors, not mobile devices.
The dashboard header area includes the dashboard controls.
|Panel toggle||Display the dashboards panel; see next section.|
|Share||Make the dashboard public (if you are the owner) or copy its URL to your clipboard.|
|Copy||Make a copy of the dashboard.|
|Full screen||Expand the grid of tiles, which hides the header and footer.|
|Refresh||Update the page immediately or set the refresh interval.|
|Edit||Switch to dashboard edit mode. This control is dimmed when you do not have permission to edit the dashboard; see Edit a dashboard.|
|Export||Download the dashboard; see Export dashboard data.|
|Scope||Display a description of the scope and a control for opening the scope editor. The control is dimmed when you do not have permission to edit the dashboard. The scope editor is described in the procedure for creating a new dashboard.|
|Time range button||Display the time range controls.|
To display the dashboards panel, click the panel toggle.
The panel includes links to the following types of dashboards:
- Your dashboards
- The public dashboards of other users
- Dashboard templates (visible to authorized users only)
You can display any public dashboard, but you can only edit dashboards you own.