Managing user sessions
When you log in, Zenoss Cloud sets a cookie representing your session on your browser. During a session you can use any number of browser tabs for Zenoss Cloud pages.
Users with the Manager role can configure how long sessions are valid and how many sessions a user can have. To customize user session settings, navigate to ADMIN > Session Settings.
Here are the settings on the page:
- Idle timeout
The length of time before an inactive user session expires. The default is 30 minutes; you can choose among several values up to 8 hours.
User sessions can exceed the idle timeout setting when at least one browser tab is open to a page that supports automatic refresh, such as a dashboard page, and the refresh feature is enabled, and the refresh interval is shorter than the idle timeout setting. In this case, the force relogin setting limits the session.
- Force relogin after
- The length of time before a user has to update a session. The default is 2 days; the range is 2-7 days.
- Maximum number of sessions a user can have
- The maximum number of active sessions a user can have at the same time. The default is to allow 10 sessions; the range is 1–30 sessions.
- A user session is one unique combination of user, browser and device.
- User session settings apply to all users in your organization.
- Fully propagating changes to user session settings may take up to 60 minutes.
- Zenoss API clients are not affected by user session settings.
- Users can delete their own sessions.