Bandwidth Utilization vs Capacity
A summary of the total bandwidth utilization compared with capacity for each domain. Each domain has its own graph. The graph shows the percentage of utilization for both Rx (receiving or incoming) and Tx (transmitting or outgoing) network traffic. You can view individual components of this graph by viewing the Fabric Interconnect Capacity Utilization graph which can be found on the Fabric Interconnect component of your device.
The following fields filter the results.
- Start Date / End Date
- The first and last dates of the range of dates to include in the report. To select a date from a calendar, click select. The default range is the week ending with the current date.
- Summary Type
- The type of summary that is to be displayed. Average is based on the 15-minute data collection, while Max is only taken once a day.
- Domain Filter
- A substring search of domains to include. A partial name matches all interface names that include it. You may also use a regular expression for this filter.
- Traffic Type
- Type of traffic to display. Choose from ANY, Tx or Rx.
- Fabric Interconnect
- Select the FI to filter by.
- Trendline Type
- The calculation used to determine the trendline. Only available selection is Linear.
To generate or refresh the report, click Update.
The following is an example scenarios that may be seen in graphs along with its corresponding description:
- If sys_switch-A shows a value of 10% for Rx, it uses only 10% of this fabric interconnect switch, e.g., if the fabric interconnect has a capacity of 800Gbps for Rx, then only 80Gbps is used for Rx. A similar calculation can be made for Tx.