Creating a graph report
To create a graph report:
- Navigate to REPORTS > Graph Reports
- Click Add and select Add Graph Report from the popup menu.
- Enter a name for the report in the Create Graph Report dialog box and click SUBMIT.
In the Edit Report screen, verify or edit the following information in the Graph Report section:
- Name: The name of the report as defined in the Create Graph Report dialog box.
- Title: Enter a descriptive title to display in the list of reports for the report organizer.
- Number of Columns: Specify the number of columns (1-3) in which graphs will be displayed on the report.
- Comments: Enter comments to
display at the top of the printable version of the report. This
is a TALES evaluated string that can contain HTML formatting.
The variables available to the TALES expression are:
- now (current date and time)
- report (report object)
Click Save to save the new graph report.
In the Add New Graph section, fill in the appropriate information to add a graph to the report:
- Device: Select the one or more devices. You can narrow the list of devices by entering a search string and clicking Filter.
- Component: Optionally, select one or more components from the Component list. This list displays the names of all components defined on at least one of the selected device. If you want to see the complete component path in the system to help with identification, select the Show component path check box.
Select one or more graphs from the Graph list. This list displays the names of all the graphs available for the selected devices; or, if you have selected one or more components, the graphs available for the components.
Click Add Graph to Report. The selected graphs are displayed in the Graphs section. You can resequence or delete graphs using the Action icon.
Graph reports maintain a static list of graphs. This list does not automatically change when graphs are added or deleted from monitoring templates. For example, you have two devices with associated graphs: - DeviceA: Has a single graph (Graph1) - Device B: Has two graphs (Graph1 and Graph2)
If you select DeviceA and DeviceB on the Graph Report edit page, the list of graphs will include Graph1 and Graph2. If you select both graphs and add them to the report, you will see three graphs: - DeviceA - Graph1 - Device B - Graph1 - Device B - Graph2
If, at a later time, you create a second graph (Graph2) on DeviceA's monitoring templates, that new graph will not automatically appear on the graph report. You must edit the report to add it. Similarly, if you later remove a graph from DeviceB's template (or even delete DeviceB from the system), you must manually remove the graph (or device) from the graph report.